10. Fill in the blanks ( Infinitive, Gerund, Participle )
Fill in the blanks a suitable Gerund Tigers is a popular sport in this country.
1. To hunt
Identify the gerund form from the options given below:
1. Keeping left is always safe
2. To find fault with others is easy
3. David wants to study Biology
4. He likes to read science fiction
Fill in the blanks with suitable present participle. I heard him _________ a song.
2. to sing
3. having singing
Fill up the blanks with perfect participle. ________ him president the people gave him their loyal support.
1. Have elected
2. To elect
4. Having elected
Find the correct sentence where the ‘present participle form’ is used.
1. This is a dancing doll
2. Seema is crying now
3. My mother bought a wet grinder
4. These are rotten fruits
Choose the gerund from the following sentences.
1. I saw a man running along the road
2. Seeing the tiger he ran away
3. Hearing a loud sound, they rushed out
4. Reading story books gives pleasure
Fill up the blanks with perfect participle. The teacher scolded the boy ______ in the classroom.
4. was playing
Which one of the following has correct gerund form?
1. I am tired of waiting
2. I am tired of having waited
3. I am tired of being waited
4. I am tired to wait
Fill up the blanks with perfect participle. Many _________ we were freed from anxiety.
1. were arriving
2. had arrived
3. having arrived
4. had been arriving
Fill in the blanks with suitable present participle: ________ sick, he did not attend school.
3. Is Being
4. Was Being
Fill in the blanks with suitable present participle This is a work already ________ by him.
4. to finish
Which one of the following has the correct infinitive?
1. I think Nina meant to break the crystal vase.
2. I think Nina meant to have broken the crystal vase.
3. I think Nina meant to haveing broken the crystal vase.
4. I think Nina meant to be breaking the crystal vase.
Which one of the following sentence has past participle in it?
1. Deceived by his friends, he lost all hope
2. As he has been deceived by his friends he lost all hope
3. He lost all his hope because he was deceived by his friends
4. He was deceived by his friends and so he lost all hope
Fill in the blanks with the suitable participle form of the verb. I saw the storm ______
1. had approached
3. was approach
Which one of the following has a correct infinitive?
1. I had rather play than work
2. I rather play than work
3. I wish to play than work
4. I am playing than working
All 15 questions completed!