PM Modi may lay the foundation stone for Patna Metro: in March
The foundation stone for the Patna Metro Rail project is to be laid down in March by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Bihar Urban Development minister, Suresh Sharma said there was an in-principle agreement to get the foundation stone laid here by Modi at the NDAs rally on March 3.
Government approves setting up of 12,000 MW solar power projects
The government approved a proposal for setting up of 12,000 MW of solar power projects by state-run producers. The producers will be provided with a viability gap funding support of Rs 8,580 crore for self-use or use by both central and state government entities.
Macedonia signs accord to join NATO
Macedonia signed an accord to join NATO to become the 30th member of the US-led alliance. NATO Secretary GeneralJens Stoltenberg said the admittance of a new member highlighted that all European nations who meet the entrance criteria could join the regional alliance.
The Philippines to tighten entry of foreign workers
- The Philippines has said it will soon impose stricter requirements and procedures in issuing work permits to foreign nationals who intend to work in the country.
Sri Lankan parliament to debate and vote to form a national government
- Sri Lankan parliament will take up for debate the proposal to form a national government followed by voting.
- Shri Sailesh – Assumed Charge as Secretary, Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Dinkar Gupta – Punjab DGP
- Vidharbha lifted the Ranji Trophy for the second time in a row, defeating Saurashtra by 78 runs at Nagpur.