The TNPSC will release it’s annual planner every year in January and in that the tentative dates of every exam that they planned to conduct will be given.
The tentative period of notification for Combined Civil Services TNPSC g
TNPSC group 1 Exam have below-mentioned posts (பின்வரும் பதவிகளுக்கு குரூப் 1 தேர்வு நடத்தப்படுகிறது)
1 Deputy Collector
2 Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category – I)
3 Assistant Commissioner (C.T.), Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service
4 District Registrar, Tamil Nadu Registration Service
5.District Employment Officer
- District Officer (Fire and Rescue Service).
Before Starting your preparation, Study the syllabus completely and understand it completely.
The selection will be made in three successive stages, viz., (i) Preliminary Examination for selection of candidates for admission to the Main Written Examination and (ii) Main Written Examination and (iii) an Oral Test in the shape of an Interview.
A.Preliminary Examination: The TNPSC group 1 exam consists of a single paper in General Studies having 150 items and Aptitude & Mental Ability Test having 50 items. Total marks are 300 in the duration of 3 Hours. The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the TNPSC group 1 Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Written Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
B. Main Written Examination: Candidates who qualified in preliminary examination can attend for main examination which consists of three papers viz., Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. each paper carries 300 marks in the duration of 3 hours. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination will be 50 times the number of candidates to be recruited having regard to the rule of reservation of appointments. However, in each reservation group, all the candidates who secure the same marks as that of cut off marks of their reservation groups shall also be admitted to the Main Written Examination, though the number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination may exceed 1:50 ratio.
C. Oral Test: The candidates who qualify in the TNPSC group 1 Main written examination will
General Studies in TNPSC group 1 exam combines mainly from Science, History, Geography, Economy and Current Affairs. If you are good at solving Aptitude, you can
For Starting from Scratch
- Study 11 and 12 books ( HISTORY, ECONOMICS)
- Study 6 to 10 books (GEOGRAPHY – 11 and 12 books are not well made for geography)
- For Science, refer 6 to 12 science books or any manual. It is advised to refer any one at a time. While referring previous year questions, We may come to know, Maximum number of questions asked from this Science Section.
- For Polity, Refer Indian Polity by Laxmikanth ( Preamble, Schedules, Important Judgement, Important Articles, Statutory bodies, non-statutory bodies, constitutional bodies)
- For CA- It is advised to study any one CA manual because organizing the content will be useful while we are referring manual than newspaper. Many websites are providing the CA manual.
- Don’t Leave aptitude part- Take a topic solve as much as problem as you can.
There will be around 20-30 questions asked for the current affairs section in TNPSC Group 1 exam . It includes events and news of Regional, National and International importance.
1. TNPSC Current Affairs in Tamil and English by TNPSCEXAMSGUIDE.COM
2. Read Newspapers and take your own notes if you have enough time (The Hindu)
Practice makes you perfect, do practice as much as TNPSC previous year question papers. At first, start practicing Degree standard question papers such as Group 1, UPSC and SSC etc.
You all know that continuously practicing for something always give you positive results.
At every DEO (District employment office ) Tamil